Photo Credit: American Marketing AssociationThis year, Noisy Trumpet was nominated for a 2019 Marketing Excellence Award from the American Marketing Association! On the evening of June 13, the team attended the awards ceremony and gathered with fellow nominated companies to celebrate top campaigns of the year.
Photo Credit: Noisy Trumpet/Devils River ConservancyIn the category of Non-profit/Governmental, Noisy Trumpet took home third place and was recognized for our “Don’t Blow It” campaign that was developed for The Devils River Conservancy, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission to preserve and protect the Devils River and the lands within its watershed. Following research of the irreparable damages taking place within the Devils valuable ecosystem, the agency identified an opportunity to position Val Verde County’s unique natural resources as important assets to all Texans and urge them to protect what is left of wild Texas. The effectiveness of the integrated public relations and digital marketing campaign was measured by the following criteria and deliverables:
- Key government officials at the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and Military Affairs Association served as “Don’t Blow It” spokespeople advocating for the protection of the Devils River area.
- From June 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018, DontBlowItTexas.org received 1,496 unique users and 3,388 pageviews.
- Traditional media outreach efforts resulted in 15 hits and 390,426 impressions in targeted print, online and broadcast outlets such as The Rivard Report, Del Rio News-Herald, Texas Parks & Wildlife Magazine, San Antonio Woman, Daytime with Kimberly and Esteban, San Antonio Living, CultureMap San Antonio. This lead to continued interest from KXAN-TV (Austin NBC-affiliate), San Antonio ABC-affiliate KSAT-TV, the San Antonio Business Journal, Texas Public Radio KSTX and KUT in 2019.
- The Texas Tribune digital campaign resulted in 641,770 impressions. The article was read by 1,990 unique users and campaign elements resulted in 936 clicks to DontBlowItTexas.org
- The campaign billboard in Del Rio, TX received 924,672 impressions.
- 3,000 copies of the campaign brochure circulated statewide.
- Social following grew to 3,966 followers, a 78.2 percent increase from prior to campaign launch. Social outlets garnered 675,402 impressions and generated 24,678 engagements from users joining the conversation surrounding the campaign.
- The “Don’t Blow It” petition received 391 signatures opposing wind farm development in Val Verde County.