Search engine optimization (SEO) optimizes your online presence by pulling consumers in when they search keywords or phrases used by your company. It has become increasingly important to a brand’s overall marketing efforts as it boosts organic traffic to your site and can ultimately increase sales. While SEO can be implemented after a website is live, many businesses don’t realize that SEO should be incorporated into the web design process. This can help make the process efficient and cost-effective since all website changes are happening at the same time.
Here are some SEO best practices to help increase your website’s overall visibility, enhance user experience and create optimal results for your brand.
1. Consider ditching homepage sliders & carousels
Although they are still commonly used today, homepage sliders and carousels cause more harm than good by:
- Slowing down website load times.
- Pushing down your valuable content.
- Appearing and functioning poorly on mobile devices.
2. Make your website mobile-friendly
- Mobile-friendly design is paramount. Don’t just design with desktop in mind.
- With so many people accessing web pages across a variety of devices, current web design practices entail using responsive design.
- Keep in mind that important elements should have more prominence.
- Because of its high visibility, the content that you place above the fold (on both mobile and desktop) should be the content that is most important to achieving your business goals.
3. Optimize your images
Optimization can be done in different ways, but it is the process of delivering high-quality images in the right size, format dimension and resolution. This will help improve things like page speed, boost SEO ranking and improve user experience.
- Be sure to name and save your images accurately with SEO-friendly file names.
- Don’t use large images, as it will slow loading time. The smaller and more compressed, the better. Google cannot read images with text in them. When possible, use live text.
4. Enhance your user experience
Good SEO isn’t just about the technical details; it’s also about helping people easily find the information they’re looking for and providing a great user experience on the site. An attractive, easy-to-use interface will encourage visitors to stay on your site and find what they need.
- Design each page with one single definitive purpose.
- Understand your target audience’s needs and demands.
- Action buttons need to stand out and include a clear description of their purpose.
5. Strategically place strong calls to actions (CTAs)
CTAs drive conversions and generate leads.
- Make sure to have a clear CTA at the top of your page.
- Call-to-action buttons should feature striking, action-oriented text. You want to tell users what to do and make it easy for them to do it. Your action words should go along with specific text relating to your offer like:
- Let’s Talk
- Reserve Your Seat
- Download Whitepaper
Now that you’ve read our tips, does your website’s design and SEO need help? If you are interested in digital services that can help your company grow, we are here to help. Contact or stay social with us! We’re just one call, like, follow, retweet, and DM away.