The San Antonio Museum of Art (SAMA) is renowned for the most comprehensive ancient Greek, Roman, and Egyptian art collection in the southern United States. A visit to the museum offers its guests a glimpse into 5,000 years of art, history, and culture. In Aug. 2020, the San Antonio Museum of Art partnered with Noisy Trumpet to promote the first major survey exhibition focusing on Texas women abstract artists known as the “Texas Women: A New History of Abstract Art” exhibition.
The exhibition’s feature at the Museum, from Feb. 2020 – Sept. 2020, coincided with the peak of the pandemic and as a result, had a serious impact on the level of guest attendance. Noisy Trumpet collaborated towards the end of the exhibition with a final push to drive ticket sales and raise awareness in and around San Antonio amidst the COVID-19 environment. The campaign developed also served to present the museum as a safe, socially distant, and family-friendly activity.
To aid in ticket sales and raise awareness, Noisy Trumpet developed a three-week campaign with multiple digital and public relations tactics.
- Paid Social Posts
- Community Outreach
- Digital Advertising
The success of the campaign was measured by the following:
- 17 secured promoted social posts with prominent San Antonio outlets
- 10 secured hits with community outreach to the following groups –
- local artists/organizations/groups
- nearby apartment complexes
- local corporations
- 2,391,869 impressions
- 213,136 paid social posts
- 32,196 followers through community outreach
- 2,146,537 through digital advertising
- Website traffic increase back to pre-covid numbers
- Increased social followers month to month
- 291 on Facebook
- 1,257 on Instagram