In honor of the San Antonio Museum of Art’s 40th Anniversary, the Museum hosted a unique pop-up installation ‘Movie Metal,’ to commemorate the occasion. ‘Movie Metal’ was a one-of-a-kind pop culture attraction that brought film to life through the display of several fan favorite characters as well as iconic vehicles from popular film and television shows.
The limited time display was FREE to view with standard Museum admission and featured 13 ft. tall statues of ‘Bumblebee’ and ‘Optimus Prime’ from the “Transformers” movie franchise and famous film vehicles such as Tony Stark’s F-1 Race Car from “Iron Man 2,” The Delorean Time Machine from “Back to Future,” as well as the Batmobile and Batcycle from the 1966 hit television show.
Due to popular demand, ‘Movie Metal’ which was slated to be on display to the public February 23 through April 11 during Spring Break, was extended through June 20, 2021.
In an effort to boost museum attendance and drive awareness for ‘Movie Metal,’ Noisy Trumpet utilized strategic digital and public relations tactics including:
- Facebook and Instagram Ad Campaigns
- Media Material Development
- Media Outreach to Local, Regional and National Outlets
- Influencer Marketing
- Event Support
The success of the campaign was measured by the following results:
- Digitally, the digital ad campaigns combined resulted in over 2,000 likes, 700 comments and 600 shares.
- To date, these ads have provided the highest engagement and click through rate of all ads run on behalf of SAMA. The Movie Metal exhibition was well received by the San Antonio community across all age groups.
- From a public relations standpoint, Noisy Trumpet secured (44) media hits resulting in 18.1M impressions.
- After the initial launch at the end of February, the Museum recorded the highest attendance ever in the history of the Museum during the month of March.