Choose Your Influencer WiselyPicking the right influencer can potentially protect your brand down the road. Take the time to get to know your influencer and look at their follower base. The demographics which your influencer reaches should align with the demographics of your target audience. The influencer might be a male in his early 20s, but his follower base might not be similar to him. In addition to knowing the demographics, taking a closer look at engagement rates is important. Unfortunately, click fraud is common even amongst influencers with a high follow count. As we mentioned in a previous blog, the ideal engagement rate is between 1.64 percent and 3.48 percent. Huffington Post provides some questions to ask when choosing an influencer:
- Are the influencers real people?
- Are they a good match for your brand?
- Does their niche fit with your brand?
- Does their type of content match your marketing strategy?
- Are they demographically a part of your target audience?
- What stories have they posted about in the past?
- Is their geographical location a good match for your product or service?
- Who is their audience—is it one you’d like to engage?
- Has their content engaged audiences in the past?